Cookies & Privacy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the William Evans website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your date of birth, home address or credit card details.
Cookies allow a website to personalise your shopping experience and let the website know when the user has returned, for example, storing your recently browsed items.
By using the William Evans website at www.williamevans.com, you consent to the use of these cookies for the explicit purpose of improving your shopping experience. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely sign in to your account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, gun storage payments and viewing order tracking details.
- To store the contents of your Shopping Bag whilst you browse our website.
- To show you your recently viewed items.
- To generate statistical data on how our visitors use our website.
- To record which areas of the website are visited by our customers, to ensure that we create a user-friendly experience and so that we can endeavor to offer all of the products our customers are looking for.
- To store your cookie consent state for the current domain. If you visit out website again, your cookie preferences will still be in place.
- To store the contents of your Shopping Bag even after you have left the William Evans website, in case your connection fails or you have to cease browsing unexpectedly but wish to continue shopping later on.
- If you are registered with us, we may use your Shopping Bag details to send you an email asking if you wish to continue your transaction.
- To help prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.
- To send data to our analytics platform about your device and behavior. This helps us understand areas we could improve on our website, to make your next visit even better.
Are cookies safe?
Yes, absolutely. All information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. Cookies do not contain any information that could personally identify you.
How to manage your cookie preferences
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can set alerts for each time an operator tries to send you cookies, or disable them entirely.
Details on how to manage these settings in leading browsers can be found below:
You are still be able to use our site without cookies enabled, but you may lose a certain level of functionality.
Safety & Security of your Information
Our site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to ensure your information is protected to the highest level. This encrypts the information you input, ensuring that it is virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to access information that you provide to us as part of the ordering process.
We fully respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive).
What information we collect and how we use it
We use your information in a number of different ways, with ensuring your experience with William Evans goes seamlessly being our main objective. Below we have highlighted what we do with your information, and why we do it.
Your Name and Contact Details
This refers to your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
|How we use your name and contact details||Why?|
|To deliver you order||We must obtain this information if you make a purchase with us. Even if you collect in store, we must have a billing address associated with your bank card for your own security.|
|To send updates on the shipment and delivery of your order||We will notify you by email once your order is shipped. Our couriers may contact you by phone or email about your parcel; this is sometimes necessary to give the best possible service.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||This is to protect both you and William Evans Ltd.|
|Notifications regarding exchanges or refunds||So that you can be sure your return is received, we may notify you via email. If a product is refunded, an email will be sent to you confirming this.|
|Email marketing||We may email you to keep you up to date with the latest products and services. This can only be done with your permission – either signing up to our newsletter in store or via the website.|
Your Payment Information
Please note that we do not store the security/CVV code you enter at checkout.
|How we use your payment details||Why?|
|To take payment, and process refunds||We cannot take payment by any other method via the website, so we need this information to complete your order for you.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||This is to protect both you and William Evans Ltd.|
Your Gender Information
|How we use your gender information||Why?|
|To target you with the right products in our email marketing||We do not always collect gender data when you subscribe to our newsletter, and entering this is optional. However, we can then use this data to ensure you mostly receive details about products that may be better suited to you.|
This refers to what you have bought from us in the past, and any items you may have left in your basket.
|How we use your purchase history||Why?|
|Provide customer service, and obtain proof of purchase in the case of a return||This is essential to ensure that we can help you in the event of an issue with an order, a return, or if you would like to repeat your order.|
|Ensure that we are selling products our customers are looking for||Using our previous sales data is incredibly helpful to us when planning our product range, so that we can sell what our customers are looking for.|
|Remind you of items left in your basket||We don’t want you missing out, so if you’re logged in and leave your basket in a hurry, we may send you an email just to see if you would still like those items.|
Any communication you have had with us in the past, whether it is via email, social media, or over the phone.
|How we use your contact history||Why?|
|Provide customer service and support||We have a superb customer service team here at William Evans, but unfortunately they can’t always remember every one of our customers, so we will keep a record of any contact we have with you to make it easy to pick up again in the future if necessary.|
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information as long as you have an account with us, or as long as is needed to provide you with the best possible service.
If you close your account with us, we may still hold on to your information for any one of the following reasons: to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud, resolve any queries or disputes, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Sharing your information
We will not sell any of your personal data to any third party. This especially means your name, address, telephone number, email address or credit/debit card information.
However, we may on occasion share your data with professional service providers such as website hosts and payment service providers who help us run our business.
Upon request, we may share information with credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement, so that we can help tackle fraud.
Any information and analytics about our customers that could be shared with third parties will always be anonymised and they will not be able to identify you.
If you sign up to our newsletter via checkout or our Newsletter Subscription page, you agree to us sending you marketing messages via email. We will not contact you by post or phone.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email you receive from William Evans. If you cannot find an email from us, you may also unsubscribe by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have unsubscribed, you will no longer receive marketing messages from us.
How to Contact Us
You can contact our customer service team via the following channels:
Phone: +44 (0)1483 910000
Post: William Evans Ltd.
Our office hours are Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm
Please see below the rights you have regarding your personal information:
- The right to access any information we hold about you.
- The right to amend any incorrect information within your account, or request that we do this on your behalf.
- The right to no longer receive marketing messages, which we have detailed how to do so above.
- The right to request that we delete your data, but please be aware this could impact your service from us in the future.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator if you believe your information is being used unlawfully.
If you want to exercise your rights for any reason, please contact us.