Current Vacancies at William Evans Ltd
William Evans has been established since 1883 as one of England's finest Gunmakers and our excellent repuation is set by our staff.
If you would like to join the team in either London or Bisley, there may be a position below for you. Otherwise, you may send a speculative enquiry here
London (Mayfair) Retail Sales Associate, Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Retail Sales Associate
William Evans (founded in 1883) is an established, industry leading heritage brand; looking for an outstanding Retail Sales Associate with a proven and strong customer service and sales track record.
If you have a background in country sports, particularly shooting (but not required), then we would like to hear from you. Located in the heart of St. James’s; William Evans sells all that is needed to enjoy a wonderful day in the countryside.
The ideal candidate will have experience within luxury retail sales (ideally clothing) and the ability to deal confidently with high net worth individuals. Someone with a country background/appreciation of country pursuits is preferred but not essential; though a keen interest to learn and the capability to pick things up quickly is vital.
Key skills sets:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An attention to detail in unique and routine tasks
- A self-starter and an experienced team player
- Proven track record in a high end retail environment
Ultimately your job is to give any assistance to the retail manager to make the shop productive and profitable.
Some of the standard daily tasks will include;
- Greeting customers who enter the shop
- Be involved in stock control and management
- Assisting clients to locate the goods and products they are looking for
- Being responsible for processing and balancing cash and card payments
- Daily replenishment, stocking shelves and appropriate labelling
- Answering queries from customers in the shop, over the telephone and email
- Noticing and reporting discrepancies and problems to the manager
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hoovering and mopping
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints
- Working within established corporate and brand guidelines
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays on the shop floor
- Creating eye-catching displays and window dressing
Customers expect a warm, friendly welcome as well as professional sporting advice. If you feel confident that you can fill this role, we would love to hear from you!
To apply; please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com