Current Vacancies at William Evans Ltd
William Evans has been established since 1883 as one of England's finest Gunmakers and our excellent repuation is set by our staff.
If you would like to join the team in either London or Bisley, there may be a position below for you. Otherwise, you may send a speculative enquiry here
London Retail Sale Associate, Permanent
If you have a background in country sports, particularly shooting, then one of London’s leading gunmakers looks forward to hearing from you. Based in the heart of St. James’s, William Evans offers all that is needed to go shooting. Customers expect a warm, friendly welcome and professional sporting advice. Established in 1883 and one of the few remaining gunmakers, William Evans are looking for a dynamic Sales Assistant to join the team at this very exciting time.
The ideal candidate will have experience within luxury retail sales, ideally clothing and the ability to deal confidently with high end clients. The ideal candidate will have a country background/appreciation of country pursuits is preferred but not essential; though a keen interest to learn and the capability to pick things up quickly is vital. Duties will include serving customers on the shop floor, keeping stock levels up to date and supporting the retail manager with ad-hoc tasks.
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Involvement in stock control and management.
- Assisting clients to locate the goods and products they are looking for
- Responsible for processing cash and card payments and store returns
- Daily replenishment, stocking shelves with merchandise
- Answering queries from customers in the shop, and over the telephone and email
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Balancing cash registers with receipt
- Keeping the store clean and tidy
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints and problem solving
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands
- Attaching price labels to merchandise on the shop floor and work with our stock system to keep stock levels up to date.
Salary is dependent on experience. If you would like to apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. Call 01483 910000 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.