Zeiss Victory Varipoint 2.5-10x50 Rifle Scope
Where garden-variety 3-9x40 scopes come up short, the Victory Varipoint 2.5-10x50 T* from Zeiss goes the extra mile - right up until the last bit of daylight. The combination of a broader magnification range with a notable 50 mm objective offers a wide field of view, brilliant twilight performance, and enough power to reach out across greater distances.
Victory Varipoint scopes have their reticle placed in the first focal plane, while the illuminated portion is placed in the second image plane. Increasing the scope’s power magnifies the apparent field of view, while the size of the illuminated aiming point does not change.
Like all Victory riflescopes, the Varipoint offers a distinctly superior field of view. Fluoride lenses deliver outstanding color rendition while minimizing distractions from flare and glare. Every air-to-glass surface has been treated with Zeiss’ T* multicoating to ensure maximum light transmission. Finally, the external lens surfaces have been treated with an ultra-hard scratch and water resistant LotuTec coating.
The construction and functionality of this fine sighting system is quite remarkable. The robust and waterproof 30 mm main-tube is o-ring sealed and filled with dry nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. The low-key finish is refined yet unassuming. Capped low-profile hunting turrets offer 1/3 MOA adjustments with a squared adjustment range of 44 MOA. This scope is configured with Zeiss’ proprietary rail mount system and it is designed for use with the Blaser R 93 iC rifle - it is not compatible with other firearms.
- Operational Details
- Parallax correction: factory preset at 110 yards/100 m
- Metric adjustments: 1 cm @ 100 m / 1/3 MOA W&E correction
- Illuminated #60 reticle: three thin posts at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock with a single stadia at 12 o’clock. Fine crosshairs indicate the exact point of aim. At the intersection of the crosshairs there is a single dot that can be illuminated.
- Varipoint reticle system: the reticle is in the first focal plane, while the illuminated dot is in the second focal plane. This sophisticated configuration keeps the size of the dot constant while the reticle magnifies when increasing the magnification. The reticle’s brightness is controlled by a rotary knob located on the left side of the center tube.
- The illumination system is activated by turning a dial located on the scope’s saddle. The reticle’s intensity can be balanced against ambient lighting conditions for daytime, twilight, and low-light use.
- Construction and Design
- Low-profile hunting turrets
- 30 mm main-tube: machined from a single piece of aluminum. Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance
- This scope is designed for use with the Blaser R93 or R8 iC rifle. It is configured with a special illumination-control system that is not compatible with other rifles.
- Zeiss Rail Mount: this mounting system does not employ traditional ring mounts to fit the scope to the firearm. Instead, a set of claw-type Zeiss Railmounts are attached to the firearm’s Weaver or Picatinny rail. These Railmounts interface with the toothed rail on the underside of the scope to ensure a solid repeatable mount.
In stock at our Bisley shop
No-one has reviewed this item yet. Be the first!